Finally, I have come up with a training plan for Cleveland. I have put a lot of work into this plan. I have added holidays, vacations, races etc into my schedule so that when those things come up, they won’t throw me off. Must be on top of my game if I want to run a 3:30 marathon. Yep, going for a big time PR this year.
- Take at least 1 rest day a week. 2 if my legs are tired, feeling injured etc.
- Cross Train at least 1 day a week. Spin, Yoga, Pylometrics etc. I can cross train and run on the same day.
- Don’t skip out on speedwork or long run. Need the long run to finish the marathon, need speedwork to hit my goal time
- Run outside at least 1 day a week. If you do not know, I am a “soft” runner. If it is cold, windy, rainy, snowy or dark, I will run inside on a treadmill.
- Run at least 1 run per week at Goal Pace (GP-8 min miles) or faster
- My plan is missing 1-2 races that I am still waiting for dates to get posted (Catch A Leprauchaun and CWRR Spring Classic)
If you are looking at this plan and thinking that that is a lot of miles, well it is. But I love a high mileage plan and have found that that is what works best for me. I have been running around 40 miles a week, 5-7 miles a couple times during the week, a long run on Saturdays and an easier run on Sundays so I am all ready to jump into this plan on Sunday.
Let’s Do This Cleveland! Sub 3:30 or bust!
How many weeks do you include in your training plan? I can train in about 14 weeks but I always get so excited and want to start my plans early so 19ish it is