When I first started wedding planning, I had a few wedding nightmares and assumed it was because I had so much to get done. I dreamt that:
- I never got my dress fitted. I had to walk around holding up my dress so that it didn’t fall down (and it fell down a lot in my dream). Also it was too long so everyone kept stepping on it.
- I never got flowers to decorate the hall. In my dream I figured we’d just have someone stop at a floral shop and wing it. Then I realized I didn’t have flowers for a bouquet or boutineers for church either.
- Never sent out invitations. Somehow people showed up though.
After I got some planning out of the way, the dreams subsided. However, lately, wedding planning has been a little stressful (mostly due to our priest) and now I’m having nightmares again.
- Dreamt I went on my honeymoon with my Mom instead of my fiance. Actually, that wasn’t too bad, just weird.
- Dreamt I didn’t do a hair and make up trial so I didn’t know how I wanted my hair on my wedding day.
- Last night, I dreamt that no one showed up The ceremony was such a whirlwind that I couldn’t remember who was there and who was not. Once at the reception, I realized that half the bridal party wasn’t there. Only about 17 people showed up to the reception. I kept waiting, thinking people were fashionably late but after 2 hours, I realized they weren’t coming. It was really sad. Apparently, something happened and an untrue rumor was spread so people boycotted my wedding
I’d say last night’s dream was probably the worst one yet. I’ve been thinking about it ever since. Surprised I am having so many lately, especially since I got a lot done this weekend and will be crossing a lot off my list this whole month.
Anyone else experience this? I have marathon nightmares when I get close to a race too (forgot shoes, didn’t know when the race started etc)