Originally I was going to write a Wedding Wednesday update post….until I realized that it’s only Tuesday. So since I’m not talking about weddings or running you get BRUSSELS SPROUTS! Plus I was talking about Brussels Sprouts on twitter today.
I wish I could tell you I was kidding but we go through 3lbs of Brussels sprouts a week. I cook them the same way every time and still am not sick of them. Ryan requests them almost every night. Just don’t tell him how easy they are to make. I still have him convinced that I can cook and not just chop things up and throw them in the oven. Which is pretty much what I do.
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- lightly spray pan ( I use a rectangular glass pan)
- rinse the brussels, cut off the ends and if they are big I cut them in half or quarters
- put them in the pan, lightly coat with some olive oil, salt and pepper
- cook for 20-30 mins (I usually do close to 30)
- sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar on top, toss them around so they all feel the love and that’s it.
You can fancy them up and toss in some bacon, dried cranberries or goat cheese. Sometimes we do all 3 but usually it’s just bacon.
Quick and easy dinner and it looks like I know how to cook.